"Whatever you do in word or deed do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."-Colossians 3:15-17

Friday, January 6, 2012

Passion 2011

We have been struggling for the last few months with "unexpected" (boy that is an understatement) bills and expenses. Taylor wanted to go to Passion downtown this year and we just couldn't swing that high ticket price afterall we had just spent $2000 on one car repair and 300 on tires within 2 wks. She understood well.

She was at work and she was giving out free samples on the floor and a man came and took one. She asked if he was with the youth group and were they going to Passion. He said yes and asked if she was going. She expressed that she had wanted to go but just couldn't do it financially this year. He came back within about 10 minutes and gave her a FREE ticket!! She was so excited and called me nearly crying. I was too. God wanted her there!
She had work til 6pm then we spoke about her driving down to GWC and DOME and meeting up with friends. Text me when you get there and she agreed.

Then I get a text at 7 saying i'm here. Oh good. Whew. I text back, make sure someone walks you to your car afterwards k? She responded, oh, i didn't drive..rode marta....I'm now leaning against a wall to steady myself...i text what!!?? please be careful,don't go alone and call when you get off and we'll talk you to your car at Lenox. GREAT! Lord, please be with her. I tell Donny and he is so aggravated and nervous, but what can we do? It is done.

Hours later at 11pm we are past ready to go to bed, she still hasn't called so we text her. No answer. We call, no answer. This goes on for almost an hour. Is her phone dead? Is she okay? Pray pray pray. I text Kerri and get Johnny's # (a friend that was there too) so I can text him, maybe he ran into her? He texts nope, haven't seen her, concert #2 just started. It's 11:50.

Okay, so maybe she is still there. We didn't ask what time this was over...figuring all good Baptists are in the bed by 10pm (my husbands funny, not mine).
So we wait....at 12:45 she calls, all happy and excited. She was just getting off Marta, which she rode by herself. We don't know if we are going to cry or scream. My word, my stomach was all in knots letting my mind explore all the tragedies that could befall her. Good grief.

She came home safe and sound. She thinks she is invincible. Didn't we all at that age? I went to NYC with friends at her age for a week long fun trip. How did my parents survive only hearing from me at night back at my hotel?? Yikes, we are so spoiled with technology.
Thank you Lord for keeping her safe. I know you wanted her there, she had such a great time and got to hear such wonderful speakers that are strong in Your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment